|December 02, 2013 - December 16, 2013|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental/Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Witt O'Brien's is a global leader in preparedness, crisis management and disaster response and recovery with the depth of experience and capability to provide services across the crisis and disaster life cycle.|
We are currently looking for an experienced Legislative Assistant. The successful candidate would provide legislative, scheduling and administrative support for our Government Relations Division.
|Duties:||1. Assist the Government Relations Division with planning and executing Witt O'Brien's government relations clients’ goals.|
2. Prepare client research, reports and supervise projects delegated by management to support staff.
3. Manage expenses, client tracking documents and contracting details related to Government Relations clients.
4. Provide support in the form of scheduling and meeting preparation.
5. Research and remain up-to date on client legislative issues. May attend and report on Congressional hearings.
6. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience:|
• Bachelor’s degree in political science or a related field.
• Employment and/or internship with a House office, Senate office or government relations firm is strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently and on team.
• Working knowledge of MS Office and web development software
• Ability to multitask and take on non-Witt O'Brien's client activities that accrue to firm GR enhancement.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.