Safety & Risk Manager
|May 08, 2014 - June 08, 2014|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental/Vision & 401k|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Witt O'Brien's is a global leader in preparedness, crisis management and disaster response and recovery with the depth of experience and capability to provide services across the crisis and disaster life cycle. Witt O'Brien's is uniquely positioned to bring together policy architects and technical experts in public safety, with leaders from all levels of government and private sector partners to forge solutions to emergency management challenges.|
This position description incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It recognizes that other related duties not specifically mentioned might also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs.
The Safety & Risk Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the company’s safety and risk management program Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, development and administration of Witt O’Brien’s safety, health and overall loss control program; handling of property/liability claims; and coordinating assigned activities with various company Divisions and outside agencies.
• Design and Implement an overall risk management program for the organization, including safety and health policies and procedures;
• Ensure compliance with OSHA and related state, local and federal regulations;
• Oversee and/or conduct safety training;
• Conduct safety inspections;
• Gather and report all required safety, health and accident statistics;
• Work with Human Resources to investigate and manage all safety and health claims against the Company;
• Oversee and administer all insurance issues, including working with outside vendors and brokers; review, modify and negotiate insurance agreements; oversee and maintain all certificates of insurance;
• Administer the company’s Workers Compensation program; and
• Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Education and Experience:|
• Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in safety, health, risk management, business or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of increasingly responsible safety, health, loss prevention, or risk management.
• Prior experience developing and implementing safety and health programs and effective training curriculum is required.
• Must possess and maintain current working knowledge of OSHA and related safety and health regulations.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Detail oriented;
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment;
• Ability to work independently and/or on a team;
• Excellent phone and interpersonal skills (clients, colleagues, vendors); and
• Proficient computer skills (including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional and potentially MS Access)
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) registration is preferred.
• Incident Command System (ICS) training at levels 100, 200, 300 and 400 is required. ICS instructor level 449 is preferred.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) registration would be a benefit.
• Formal accident investigation course.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment; however, duties may require attendance in the field for an emergency or disaster response. International and domestic travel required as needed.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.