Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
|February 15, 2013 - March 06, 2013|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental/Vision, 401(k)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Witt O'Brien's is a global leader in preparedness, crisis management and disaster response and recovery with the depth of experience and capability to provide services across the crisis and disaster life cycle.|
We are currently looking for an expereinced SVP of Sales and Marketing.The successful candidate will position Witt O’Brien’s for the acquisition of comprehensive disaster recovery and risk and crisis management contracts. He/she will be responsible for the national and global sales/marketing strategic planning and then for execution related to securing, monitoring, and expanding multiple large, complex, entity-level contracts within each specific targeted area. This role requires the ability to establish relationships and successfully navigate complex financial, operational, and political issues regarding risk and crisis management within all levels of government as well as the private sector. This position requires someone who is passionate about risk assessment, planning, data management, client capabilities development.
|Duties:||• Determine the strategy for targeting specific market sectors an understanding of federal, state, and local funding as well as economic drivers; |
• Develop a national, state-specific, and markets sector contract acquisition plan that focuses activities on the most productive customers, issues, and opportunities that will generate sales;
• Nurture existing and establish new relationships with key decision-makers across the client base -- including public officials;
• Provide leadership, guidance, and goal-setting for the Vice President of Marketing with respect to: product management, product positioning, sales training, promotional events, e-marketing, competitive analysis, and ways to capitalize on the power of the Witt O’Brien’s brand to drive revenue generation and increased market share and awareness as well as market penetration with Witt O’Brien’s software products;
• Oversee the completion of customer solutions and strategies based on the analysis of the customer's business goals, objectives, needs, and general business environment.
• Manage and execute complex agreements: conduct evaluations of client needs; present the benefits of Witt O’Brien’s, and persuade key decision makers to support the sell-in process; negotiate contract parameters and obtain final contract approval;
• Engage the support of peers across key functional groups to develop winning solutions;
• Track, document, and communicate new client requirements to relevant stakeholders within the company so that they are able to meet customer needs;
• Participate in the development of high quality, clear proposals that align Witt O’Brien’s capabilities with customer needs resulting in high win-rates and easy conversion of proposal to contracts;
• Build consensus at all levels among various stakeholders, each with a different perspective/interest in risk and crisis management;
• Provide Witt O’Brien’s executive management with market intelligence, trend information and potential market needs through informal market research, high level contacts, professional conference attendance, and extensive field contacts;
• Lead presentations to targeted clients or at trade shows;
• Support contract implementation and devise strategies for expansion of existing contracts.
• Ten plus years of senior management experience in sales, marketing, and business development with demonstrated success in complex sales or persuasion processes at high levels in formative and summative assessment;
• Minimum of 7 years working with risk and crisis management or software industry; must have established relationships and a track record of building effective relationships at all levels;
• Prior experience managing regional sales teams at the national level
• Effective use of consultative selling methodology to achieve superior results;
• Must have a good understanding of risk assessment and planning process and issues;
• Deep understanding of related industry federal laws and administrative regulations;
• Experience interpreting costs and pricing large-scale projects is necessary (skill in estimating competitors' strategies and costs so that bids can be priced competitively and profitably);
• Ability to track revenue dollars and provide projections on a regular basis;
• Demonstrated record of selling and executing complex, multi-year agreements in a multi-level, matrixes organizations and decision environment;
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales targets;
IDEAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
• A strong customer orientation;
• Effective negotiator;
• Must be a good listener;
• Persuasive and influential communicator;
• Relationship management skills a must;
• Excellent business writing and proposal writing skills;
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills;
• Ability to adapt to difficult situations;
• Ability to deal with stress;
• Effective priority setting skills;
• Ability to be creative and flexible;
• Must be detailed oriented
• Good business acumen.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The position requires geographic flexibility in terms of ability to travel to a number of states/geographic territories across the country. Extensive travel (3 days/week) is expected given the hands-on, complex political nature of the selling process. However, relocation to either Washington, DC or Houston, TX (the company’s two main offices) would certainly be preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.